Wednesday 13 July 2011

FLICKR

Went online and found this blog - never thought you could use flickr in libraries like this - maybe once I get my head around all this new technology I can be so creative too.

22 Ideas for Using Flickr in Libraries…01.18.10 A solo librarian's blog about his experiences setting up a special library & digital libraries from scratch…and more
 Thought this was really useful- lots of 2.0 technology in his archives too - found such intersting info - where I am going to find time to read this all!

Flickr also has a App Garden link on the Homepage under Other Options - great ideas to be creative with your photos and free - as most were developed by Flickr users.
Also go to
http://bighugelabs.com/motivator.php
Free apps to make motivational posters/magazine covers and more using your Flickr photos

DELICIOUS
At first when I started looking in this, I thought that I wouldn't use it much. This is only because I am compulsive about saving any URL's when I am working on an assignment, so when I open up the document all my notes and URL's are there in one place. All my course notes are saved on my USB sticks and on my desktop so I felt that this wasn't really for me.
BUT on further reflection and after signing up for my account and a good look around, I am converted.
It is a really good way to get access to information you need quickly and see what others have done.Once again if you are working in a group and want to share info and progress, this is the way to go.

I also found this article which really gives you a good oversight of how useful it can be

I found this Bookmark:    WebTools4U2Use
it is relevant to our course and provides lots of info - also has RSS feeds - so will be going back to it.

5 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Sharon! How did you find it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Never seen someone make sure everyone knows how authoritative they are before...'Complete Resume'...Concise Resume'...is he looking for work?...or is he just a proud god fairing person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great suggestions for using Flickr in a Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. Agree about finding the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic site, Sharon. it is really useful for us to see it here and we know we can source it again when we need to. Thank you

    ReplyDelete